Busch horn - to pack or not

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Howdy, I have put a pair of buschhorns (MKII) together out of MDF, I am going to use a fostex FE108EZ driver.

I was reading a thread before how someone had put too much packing directly behind the driver and said the horns sounded dead.

MY question is, while I still have one side off, should I put any sound deadening material behind the speaker, or elsewhere in the speaker.

Also, there are spots that are not part of the horn, I was thinking of putting sand into the voids and perhaps sealing with hot wax, anyone got any advice for me on how I can make the busch horns sound good.
- Or should I just leave them as is.

Thanks, I really love being able to ask a question and get advice.

Adam

OH; I am (will be when done) driving the horns with a pair of ASL wave av-8 mono blocks.

I putted some stuffing in the 'compresion chamber' (where the driver is), But I think that I have putted in to much and i putted some stuffing there where the horn is.

I just have problems with placing them in my room. But they sound just like my dads Klipsch heresey 2 speakers. Really fantastic.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.