2way infinity rs2 speaker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2011
Paid Member
With any of my BARGAIN finds I will always crack them open and replace the electrolytic capacitors on the tweeter with a good poly.

Otherwise I may look into replacing the inductor on the woofer with a higher quality one, depending on the heft of the original one.

I picked up a pair of Polk R15's at the pawn shop for $25 and I replaced the cap on the tweeter only, It really transformed them with just parts from my bins.

hi,

If you really think that you need to improve your speaker(and also more power), then i will suggest to go for active crossover system rather than spend on passive crossover which involves inductors, capacitors and resistors. These components can introduce losses which means that power loss inside the passive crossover. For example when you need to pad the level for each speaker will need resistor which will dissipate power and it is considered power losses.

Meanwhile, on the other hand, active crossover gives you more control on crossover frequency adjustment/tuning, individual speaker level adjustment, and no power losses. Though you might need more amplifier channels, but in return this gives you more power and head room to spare.

FYI, i am also using 4th order active LR crossover for my DIY audio system with 4 channel LM1875 diy made amplifier and i am very pleased with the results. And the speaker i used are budget speakers.

IMO it is worth consider an Active Crossover for your speakers if you REALLY plan to improve your speaker system. (Of course It is much more costly but you are more happy at the end:D)

Good luck then.

hi,

If you really think that you need to improve your speaker(and also more power), then i will suggest to go for active crossover system rather than spend on passive crossover which involves inductors, capacitors and resistors. These components can introduce losses which means that power loss inside the passive crossover. For example when you need to pad the level for each speaker will need resistor which will dissipate power and it is considered power losses.

Meanwhile, on the other hand, active crossover gives you more control on crossover frequency adjustment/tuning, individual speaker level adjustment, and no power losses. Though you might need more amplifier channels, but in return this gives you more power and head room to spare.

FYI, i am also using 4th order active LR crossover for my DIY audio system with 4 channel LM1875 diy made amplifier and i am very pleased with the results. And the speaker i used are budget speakers.

IMO it is worth consider an Active Crossover for your speakers if you REALLY plan to improve your speaker system. (Of course It is much more costly but you are more happy at the end:D)

Good luck then.

Hi, Utterly pointless post regarding $10 loudspeakers, rgds, sreten.

Hi there,

I actually have the same set of speakers - Infinity RS2. Picked them up about a year ago for about $40. Great speakers for our study. They're connected to a TA2020 T-amp which is fed music from the laptop via an Edirol USB DAC. They produce quite good bass and have a nice, crisp sound. Not sure how old they are (from the 80s maybe?) but they sound find to me. Haven't really considered upgrading the crossover but might check it out at some stage. Anyway, enjoy them!

Cheers,
Pete

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.