Inductor positioning

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm almost done with my x-over. Only three things I can't find answers to, can anyone help on any of them?

1) I know inductors should be on planes x, y, and z. But how close can they be? I plan on gluing three inductors together on planes x, y, and z, so then I figure I can glue them into my speaker easier. Is this a good idea or will they interfere with one another?

2) Also I burnt one of my caps with a blow torch and part of the black cylindrical tape that surrounds the cap burned off; only the very edge though. Might this end up being a problem?

3) Also does it matter which way I hook up my caps? Is there a positive and negative pole? My caps are solen's "Metallized Polypropylene Fast Capacitors."

Thanks for advise with caps.

I might have overheated it who knows. Hopefully
I can detect if it affects the sound, right?

As for the inductors they are perpendicular to one another but I don't know if they can be touching each other when I glue them into one big glob, so it will be easier to glue and hold to a vertical wall in my speakers. Anyone know?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.