Crossover? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th July 2012, 04:33 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Crossover?

So I am attempting to build the m&k s-150thx speaker. I heard from Nrik that the tweeters have a crossover point on the 2 outer ones that cover more midrange than the middle one. If I wanted to go with an active crossover would I just put some sort of filter on the 2 outer ones to keep them from going high and a filter on the middle to cut the low? Also, do I leave the woofers bare and just run them straight to the terminal for hook up from the crossed amp? I am new to crossover designing and have no clue what I'm doing. I don't want to blow up anything!!
Old 18th July 2012, 06:48 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

I have been looking at the behringer ultra curve pro. Any thoughts on this one? Also, do they make a rca to xlr cable? I'm using the preamp outs on my Yamaha v-1400 for the front mains.
Old 18th July 2012, 07:24 PM   #3
tvrgeek is offline tvrgeek  United States
diyAudio Member

You can get XLR to RCA converters cheap from many places. Any music supply or even Parts Express. I usually make my own cables anyway.

On the DCX: I have one. Very handy for design and setup. I find it has a slight edge or digititus some would say. Others think it is just fine. Anyway, it stays on my bench as a piece of development equipment. Many like the mini-dsp boards.
Old 18th July 2012, 11:36 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

I suspect that speakers of this type would be difficult for even an experienced designer to copy
Old 19th July 2012, 03:20 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Pete I think you are correct after much research and talking with a builder friend. I think we might go for the bose L1 pro system. I've heard it and love the sound it puts out.

Hide this!Advertise here!