Rock and Roll speakers, is a Chebyshev bass XO going to give more "Kick"?? - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th July 2012, 12:30 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

I have a builder mate who fell in love with my tri-amped set-up ; who has asked me to build him a set of speakers. Trouble is he has very little money so this has turned into a long saga ( couple of threads started on the subject last year) and his wife does not want 44gallon drums in the small lounge room so the speakers have to be as physically small as I can make them, but his preferred music is "techno" so we have conflicting desires and WAF has become one of the more important aspects of the design.
In this instance small is paramount, but he also wants a little loud for parties.

I have to use what drivers I have as this is a contra deal, he will pay me back in skilled labour and good chippies are like gold here at the moment
Old 18th July 2012, 05:34 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

Rather than open a new "Whoops" thread. I am fiddling with the box and XO and my beloved comes in and tells me "Those sound a little muddy and the midrange isn't connected, DOH< screw the connector back in and "There is a difference"

Hide this!Advertise here!