Silver Flute Transducers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all,

Posting this for your input of knowledge. Originally, I was reading about a DIY event when I saw Fostex Silver flute printed below a picture. I gazed, and wondered, noted the name and carried on. Now, I find myself at solen's website and find a link to "silver flute" transducers. silver I checked the prices assuming of a (Fostex and Silver flute relationship) high price--being high-end of Fostex. Well, I saw, instead, ribbons costing about 50 bucks CANADIAN! and driver cones made of wool costing about 40-90 (don't quote me on this) CANADIAN as well!

What are your thoughts on the drivers? Experiences? Are these what I think they are?

I just heard some of these drivers for the first time the other day. They are incredible for the money. I heard the 5 inch version in a 2-way speaker. They had great midrange and bass performance that sounded much better than their price would typically indicate. I will be ordering a small quantity of the 5 inch drivers soon to try out in some TM, MTM, and possibly line array designs. I think that they have raised the bar for inexpensive drivers.

Bose(o) said:
Hello all,

Posting this for your input of knowledge. Originally, I was reading about a DIY event when I saw Fostex Silver flute printed below a picture. I gazed, and wondered, noted the name and carried on. Now, I find myself at solen's website and find a link to "silver flute" transducers. silver I checked the prices assuming of a (Fostex and Silver flute relationship) high price--being high-end of Fostex. Well, I saw, instead, ribbons costing about 50 bucks CANADIAN! and driver cones made of wool costing about 40-90 (don't quote me on this) CANADIAN as well!

What are your thoughts on the drivers? Experiences? Are these what I think they are?

I don't think there is any relationship between Fostex and Silver Flute. (web site)

These are quite nice for the money. I built a pair using the Silver Flute W14RC-25-08 and Vifa D27TG15. Very smooth system for under $100 USD per pair.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Silver FluteW14RC-25-08 / Vifa D27TG15 System

Silver Flute YA-G20

Hi All,

I just got finished building a floor standing MTM using these tweeters. I got mine from Parts Express though. PE sells them as the Dayton PT2 . I am very happy with how these things sound. Very spacious and detailed. Highly recommended for the money. A little while back, PE had a "Deal Of The Day" on these things, and I bought four of them to try out. I'm also putting them in a line source I am working on. I will be using 15 4"Pioneer wide range drivers, and crossing to the tweeters at around 5Kh or so. I'll have to let you all know how it turns out.

I am also interested in checking out Silver Flute's mid-bass drivers. It seems like they have a lot of promise.

Cheers,
Zach

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.