Old school 12" speaker for midbass.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Niceeee! What driver? Looks like a Bertha sub? Can it be extended response to say 600Hz, maybe I can put these on top of the TH1819??? Hope Faital for the driver too! Do you have the plans? Thanks!!!

Hi Djlivex
I don't konw if any faital driver can work in this design,may maybe. The speaker ththat this cabinet design for is a old celestion bx 12" 4085. The hornresp data will be posted later then you can try if your faital driver works in this cabinet

Last edited:
here is the dayton sim
ollie2.jpg

there are no bullit tweeters that can go as low as 2khz .
usualy 5 kz minimum.
however current 1"compression drivers like bms extend from 1.5 to 20khz,at cheaper prices then bullits.
the graph represents omni responce.
i wil post an akabak graph at 0 and 30 degrees

Nice plans now I see what you mean those measurements are in (US) inches correct? How tall is the cabinet? Also the Dayton drivers are 6.5"? I guess double one on top of the other? Dayton's are cheap here in the US so many may build these! Do you have any idea if a Faital Pro 12" would work, I do not know horn response and don't know how to plug it in! Thanks a Million!

Last edited:
ok 2 graps representing with 15 ltr rear chamber and one with 1 ltr chamber.
dont know how the angle thingie works in akabak so you get a 0 degree plot.
the dayton doesnt get higher then 2.5 khz
i was planning a 40"high 15"wide cab so you get u wider dispersion.
olliedayton.jpg

this is essentially the same design as a Belle but not truncated like the Belle is. Driver should make all the difference. It is the least amount of folding you can use to get the job done and should be the closest option to the best which would be a straight horn. This will get you a little lower than a LaScala but about 80 Hz would be a good place to cross to a sub. A smaller cavity should make for smoother response I am told, easy to reduce the volume of the dog house. The crossover in any of these old Peavey's is going to sound pretty bad so keep that in mind. The horn itself is a very good design I think. The Peavey FH-1 is almost the same design as a Belle and PWK knew what he was doing. Either will work better than a LaScala. Best regards Moray James.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.