Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th July 2012, 09:56 AM   #81
diyAudio Member

i couldnt agree more Stig, and what a pity, Californication is a good album too.
Old 4th July 2012, 11:11 AM   #82
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondogenerator View Post
Californication is a good album too.
Stadium Arcadium to!

There is so much music out there with next to no dynamic range, Metallica is another good example..

But as long as I enjoy the music I try not to let it bother me...
Old 4th July 2012, 12:16 PM   #83
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark.Clappers View Post
Stadium Arcadium to!

There is so much music out there with next to no dynamic range, Metallica is another good example..

But as long as I enjoy the music I try not to let it bother me...
And herein lies the problem for me: Regardless of how much I like a song I cannot possibly enjoy it if it has had the last bit of life compressed out of it.
Prime example is The Stooges 'Raw Power': I really love the original vinyl version but the cd version (remastered ie squashed to death by Iggy himself) is completely unlistenable to me and I had to erase it from my iTunes library.
Old 5th July 2012, 12:05 PM   #84
DrDyna is offline DrDyna  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvrgeek View Post
Well, that would violate the copyright laws. If you knew who I was, you would see why that is a no-go from the git-go. Sorry.
Gold Wave and Grove Mechanic are the tool kit I use. For the Al Jolson 78's, I did the recording using the Lenco wet process. The rest just did a careful clean first. I wish I had the Jolson's, but the CD's were lost. I still have the original Perl Street Jazz Band from when they were just high school kids playing in Boulder. Terrible recording, but fun.
Oh, no, it doesn't have to be whole tracks, I mean, just 30 seconds or so to hear what you've done, I wouldn't suggest copying the whole album
Old 5th July 2012, 12:23 PM   #85
diyAudio Member

ive used audacity, goldwave and cooledit 2000 and pro versions. Goldwave is ok, audacity is poor, cooledit the best IMHO for vinyl recording. Goldwave is ok if you dont want to do much with the recording, cooledit is by far the best though. I have a digi copy of Hendrix at woodstock somewhere, that im particularly proud of.
Old 5th July 2012, 01:43 PM   #86
DrDyna is offline DrDyna  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondogenerator View Post
ive used audacity, goldwave and cooledit 2000 and pro versions. Goldwave is ok, audacity is poor, cooledit the best IMHO for vinyl recording. Goldwave is ok if you dont want to do much with the recording, cooledit is by far the best though. I have a digi copy of Hendrix at woodstock somewhere, that im particularly proud of.
Cool edit is Adobe Audition now, I have one of the latest versions, it's pretty awesome.
Old 5th July 2012, 04:50 PM   #87
diyAudio Member

Adobe audition is a very nice piece of software, I used to use cooledit for my "mixes" and loved the way it allows you to do just about anything, rocked some major high school parties with my 60 minutes mixes
Old 5th July 2012, 05:14 PM   #88
diyAudio Member

yes since Symantec or Sentriiium (sp?) sold to Adobe. Its the full adobe audition I have, exactly the same as Cooledit pro....since im not editing video it makes sense to use cooledit rather than adobe.

Hide this!Advertise here!