Anyone know some more about these - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th October 2003, 09:07 PM   #1
Sjef is offline Sjef  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Default Anyone know some more about these

Does anyone know some more about these tweeters.

I have figured out allready that they are vintage Electro Voice tweeters, but I'm not shure wich type. Is it the T35, T350 or another one. Datasheet anyone ??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ev.jpg (13.8 KB, 479 views)
Old 14th October 2003, 09:12 PM   #2
markp is offline markp  United States
diyAudio Member

T35's. The data sheet is available with a web search. They might be fakes if not clearly marked. Several knock-off have been seen coming from the east.
Old 15th October 2003, 03:33 AM   #3
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

All of the t35's or T350's I've seen had round magnet structures with round sheet metal cups shaped covers on the back that had the EV name and model.
Old 16th October 2003, 12:05 AM   #4
Sjef is offline Sjef  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

I Don't know if the ones I've gor are origanaly Electro Voice drivers.
Yhey have only a couple of numbers on the back. That says nothing about the oigin. I have seen a lot of driver with no company nmae on the back wich were OEM drivers from very knowm company's. Mine came out of an old PA system wich had Electo Voice woofers and midhorns wich look a lot like the old Electro Voice also. I guess it was an all Electro Voce system.

I have measured the tweeters frequency response and it is kind of rough, just like the way they sound. Defenitly not the smoothest and most detailed speakers around but there dynamics are truly awsome. The frequency response also shows that they only begin at 6 kHz and radically stop at 15 kHz with almost 40 db/oct. Strange little things, don't know what to do with them yet, got four of them and just want soem more information on them.
Old 16th October 2003, 02:13 AM   #5
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

They maybe some kind of OEM T350 offering from EV. I believe the T35 was good down to a crossover of 3500Hz and the T350 was much higher (don't remember how much higher).

With such a narrow BW, they would be almost useless in a home audio system unless you went for a 5-way system. They may be usable in a 3 or 4-way HT type application.
Old 27th October 2004, 12:29 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

They look like T35 avedon sonophase throat tweeter made by EV but for Klipsch, it might be the ones that Klipsch renamed K77 but I'm not sure. (You might want to check frequency response before using them.)
Old 29th October 2004, 06:31 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

I once blew a T-35 tweeter listening to "Silence is Golden" by the Tremelos, way back in 1966.
Old 30th October 2004, 06:32 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Buy some of the phenolic diaphramed Beyma's or BMS and sell the EV's to a vintage enthusist. You'll get much better sound.

Hide this!Advertise here!