Anyone know some more about these

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone know some more about these tweeters.

I have figured out allready that they are vintage Electro Voice tweeters, but I'm not shure wich type. Is it the T35, T350 or another one. Datasheet anyone ??

Attachments

• ev.jpg
    ev.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 497
I Don't know if the ones I've gor are origanaly Electro Voice drivers.
Yhey have only a couple of numbers on the back. That says nothing about the oigin. I have seen a lot of driver with no company nmae on the back wich were OEM drivers from very knowm company's. Mine came out of an old PA system wich had Electo Voice woofers and midhorns wich look a lot like the old Electro Voice also. I guess it was an all Electro Voce system.

I have measured the tweeters frequency response and it is kind of rough, just like the way they sound. Defenitly not the smoothest and most detailed speakers around but there dynamics are truly awsome. The frequency response also shows that they only begin at 6 kHz and radically stop at 15 kHz with almost 40 db/oct. Strange little things, don't know what to do with them yet, got four of them and just want soem more information on them.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
They maybe some kind of OEM T350 offering from EV. I believe the T35 was good down to a crossover of 3500Hz and the T350 was much higher (don't remember how much higher).

With such a narrow BW, they would be almost useless in a home audio system unless you went for a 5-way system. They may be usable in a 3 or 4-way HT type application.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.