Speaker info?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys, I've been tasked with buying the speakers for my new flat. There are five of us and everyone's decided to put in a tenner.

They're willing to settle for a simple set of Logitech Z323s, but while they have an alright sound for the price, I've got a couple of amps lying around and I wondered if I could do a bit better. I understand this is a shoestring budget but it's always amazed me the speakers you can find on the cheap. I've lined up three eBay items and I was wondering if you could give me any feedback on them. I couldn't find any concrete info on google, but that could be because they're terrible :cheeky:

Thanks guys.

Kenwood S-233
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Technics SB-CS60
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Wharfedale Mach 3
$(KGrHqJHJE8E-vUdME76BPwRwDsq,!~~60_12.JPG

I'll be honest, I'm leaning towards the Mach 3s but that's because they look beautiful, so maybe not the best criteria to judge them by ;) and if you have your own suggestions, feel free to post them.

A pair of logitech 2.1 computer speakers is probably familiar ground for most people these days. I have some myself. :)

But those Wharfedales look fun. Doubtless way better built than some chrome flashy Japanese Technics.

There is a lot to be said for 8" bass and 3" tweeter. Very musical. Possibly the last hurrah for lovely Wharfedale before they went all made in China. :cool:

Last edited:
I've always fancied trying some Bose 301s, so if you can find some within your budget, they may be worth a try.

Oh, and Acoustic research (AR) may be worth searching for. AR6, AR7, and AR18 are the classics. AR18s and AR18bx are not as good. Watch out for foam rot though...

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.