all CSS heavyweight compact 3way

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
That is good news, indeed. The LD25X tweet is really a gem, says Jeff B., ....
don't forget the VWR126X, it does most of the important work :D

Could you elaborate on "the reason you build the Hypex Ncore Amp"? Why this type of speaker?
well, this 3way sort of asks for an amp that can deliver plenty of power (the bass goes deep, and the efficiency of the SDX10 is not very high). its first public appearance showed that a "normal" amp would reach its limitations very soon when played somewhat louder with music with low bass in it (in that case it was Strawinski's Firebird iirc). Combine that with the clean, low distortion drivers, asking for an amp that does the same. I do not have an amp that meets both criteria sufficiently well. That, and the fact that is an easy build, made me choose the ncore. An UcD400 will do almost as good for half the price, but if you have the budget, the ncore is worth it.

don't forget the VWR126X, it does most of the important work :D

well, this 3way sort of asks for an amp that can deliver plenty of power (the bass goes deep, and the efficiency of the SDX10 is not very high). its first public appearance showed that a "normal" amp would reach its limitations very soon when played somewhat louder with music with low bass in it (in that case it was Strawinski's Firebird iirc). Combine that with the clean, low distortion drivers, asking for an amp that does the same. I do not have an amp that meets both criteria sufficiently well. That, and the fact that is an easy build, made me choose the ncore. An UcD400 will do almost as good for half the price, but if you have the budget, the ncore is worth it.

Great and thanks for the info, however, I am confused about the prices of the ncore....is the amp separately priced from the power?

What is the minimum watts you are talking about to drive these effectively?

Thanks!

icon14.gif
yep!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.