KRK Expose E7 problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry if this is not the right forum, but anyways...
I've been using these beloved speakers for years. Then after 2 years not using them, when I switched them on again, I immediately noticed the response was weird. After measuring it, I noticed it dropped by 5-6 db on the mid-high section, so it overall sounded really boxy, unusable. I managed to find two (nowadays quite rare) replacement tweeters, but after replacing them the problem is still there. So before taking other routes (send them to a repair service or replace them) I'd like to know if someone can have an idea of what's happened. The problem started on both speakers at the same time at with the same amount.
Thank you in advance

Just a little update... I sent the speakers to a KRK authorized service, they said to have checked the PCBs that "appeared to be ok" and to have "readjusted by ear" the hf presets, and the speakers "sounded ok". Of course that's not the case, problem is still there. From 5 to 7-8 dbs from 800-1000 Hz up, especially the last octave. Any ideas (of what appears to me to be an amp/crossover problem) ?

Speakers back, same as before...
They say that besides checking all the boards, they adjusted the bias of the amplifiers (for both low and hi freq sections) and the sound was much better, which unfortunately was not the case.
They say next step would be to recap them.
I'm gonna try to have them checked by another technician specialized in recording studio equipment repairs, if nothing changes I'm gonna give up and replace them altogether...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.