EV Interface: 3 series II .. specs needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys!

I remember I was talking to Cory about this on msn.

I don't have any information on the EV's, so I can't help out much there. But onto your other question - replacing the woofer - the crossover network is highly likely to need redesigning. For example, any zobel filters used will be incorrect for this driver as it has a different reactance, and also just like most other instrument speakers - they have a large positive rising slope starting from 1-2KHz, so that may need to be tamed as well if that is interferring with the crossover region. Or it may be that the crossover point needs to be completely different with the Eminence woofer, or it may be that certain filters need to be removed from the current crossover network, or maybe some need adding.

The box size and tuning may also be incorrect for those Eminence woofers too. Essentially, theres a handful of things which need to be considered. To make an informed decision, post schematics of your crossover and details of the box design and we'll go from there.

Adrian

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.