camper/RV hifi F.A.S.T - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th June 2012, 12:18 PM   #1
Tachyon is offline Tachyon  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Default camper/RV hifi F.A.S.T

My next project is a F.A.S.T system for my camper/RV.

Source is PC/laptop to USB DAC, miniDSP for crossover at apx.500Hz, bi-amped ClassD (hifimediy).

Fullrangers will be Mark Audio CHR70.

Since space is limited I need a small (max 20l) pair of enclosures that can go fairly deep( f3 40-45Hz). I have seen recommendations for CSS SDX7 and I believe they would perform great for reinforcement in the bass. Unfortunately they are hard to find and quite costly.

Since I'm located in Europe any drivers from this side of the pond would be preferable. I've looked at Visaton AL170 but they need to big enclosure.

Any recomendations on drivers available that would be suitable for this application?
Old 4th June 2012, 08:18 PM   #2
jitter is offline jitter  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

I built a pair of minimonitors using the Scan-Speak 15WU4741T00.

These are in quite small enclosures (~ 7 l) but had you not known this, you would have guessed a much bigger box.

Edit: I just looked up the price because I had bought the speakers as a diy-kit so I didn't know what one of these Scan-Speak units costs. I had this reaction: .
Perhaps I should retract this recommendation because of the price. But maybe they have units at a little friendlier price that you can use and availiability shouldn't be a problem given the fact that Scan-Speak is Danish.

Last edited by jitter; 4th June 2012 at 08:32 PM.
Old 6th June 2012, 01:39 PM   #3
Tachyon is offline Tachyon  Sweden
diyAudio Member

That looks like a really nice driver but unfortunately above my budget for this project at 300 each. Maybe I can find a used pair.

I will keep searching for a 6.5"-7" driver with low vas.

Hide this!Advertise here!