magnetic insulation

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

In first, congratulations for you and this forum, full with thing very interesting. ;)

It's one of my first post on this forum and I hope to find of the assistance near you.:rolleyes:

I am making me a sub with two PR380M0 from Audax and considering the size of volume, I would like to put this sub under my television.

My question; I would like to know if you know a means of isolating my television from the magnetic fields send by the magnets of PR

@+
Seb

If I remember correctly there is no official method to shield an unprotected speaker. I heard of using alu ductape on the walls but, if you prefer eating ravioli :D.

If you don't have enough space try at least placing your sub in a corner, where you woud get bass extention.

There are two legitimate ways to do this:

1. Use magnetically shielded drivers. Audax makes a line (gamme) of them.

2. Use an auxilliary magnet, something of similar size and field strength as the speaker's magnet. This magnet is attached to the back of the existing magnet with polarity such that the two repel one another. This "pushes" the speaker magnet's stray field back into the speaker motor and away from the outside.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.