Celestion Ditton 44 sounding muddy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I bought dittons 44 as well and going to do some small project.

wanted to follow and clone Istari_knight project:

Celestion Ditton 44 Refurb [Tweeter repair / Cab Resto etc] - pink fish media

but use Vifa XT19TD00-04 ¾" Tweeter instead of Seas 19TFF

data sheets for both can be found there:

H0737-08 19TFF 1
http://www.essentialaudio.com.au/pdf...T19TD00-04.pdf

Istari_knight in his project revised crossover:
Celestion Ditton 44 Crossover [SEAS Revision] | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I would really appreciate if someone more technical could help mi with accomodating Vifa tweeter into dittons 44, I really wanted to clone Istari_knight project with minimal changes due to different tweeter- I really would like to use vifa ( because its simply more flat and got wider frec responce) The problem is that as said before I have no idea what soever about crossover calculations etc. I will be fine with soldering but have no idea what different part should use to put xt19 in with good result.

Anyone could help ?
ps. sorry for bad english as well

Not the Istari_knight crossover !

To all readers here ,

I advise to not use the Istari_knight crossover with the SEAS 19TFF1 tweeter ,
and probably not with the Hiquphon OW1 either.

You will get a Muddy sound to some degree with that crossover.

For more about this , go to my Post #93 here:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/mult...ject-need-expert-opinions-10.html#post3757261

The above is to Page 10 of the Thread.
I posted more about it in #87 on Page 9 of the same Thread.

Last edited:
I've only just seen this -Thanks for that.

The resistor values were recommended by a very knowledgeable member on another audio forum... It turns out even the knowledgeable make mistakes...

They did have a wooly wardrobe sound described as "like you grandpa's radiogram on steroids" :eek: now I know why.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.