Need OB advice

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am in the market for dipole speakers. So far my list includes the Sunflower Redux, the AV123 x statik and the Selah 3d. It appears that the Selah is the best and most expensive.

Please rate in order of highest sound quality first as I have never heard any of these and would be buying them without audition. Are all 3 of these considered audiophile quality WRT performance?

If there are any I have not mentioned that should be included please do so. Thanks so much.

Last edited:
size, budget, etc

There are other good choices of similar size and price. What are your goals, size restrictions, budget?

Size isn't too much of a problem since I have a dedicated room and the WAF is NA.:D
I'd like the speakers to be no larger than 5 ft tall the budget is $2k complete. Since I have a sub (Velo servo) They don't need rock bottom bass but should get down to mid 40's. I listen to jazz, rock and some classical. I hope that helps.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
If you make a list, it will be by the price list. If you put better drivers you will have a better speaker if the designs are good ...
I'd go to the Sunflower Redux because it is a full DIY.

I have others suggestion :
Acapella NEXTSEAS W22NY001 +
It is full DIY and the sound will bee not so far to the Salah 3D
;)

Jerome the Acapella looks good but I am not sure those drivers are still available.

I am sure the Acapella Next drivers (except the tweeter) are still in production :cool: ! If not, Troëls will not keep this construction at his first page and i would not talk about it.
You can can find the specifications here: SEAS EXCEL
You can buy them here:Madisound Speaker Components: distributor of loudspeaker drivers and parts for speaker builders.

Note the T29CF001 must be replace by the T29CF002 (1700$ total cost of drivers) but I think you can use instead the cheaper T25CF001 (1200$ total cost of drivers)

Last edited:
I am sure the Acapella Next drivers (except the tweeter) are still in production :cool: ! If not, Troëls will not keep this construction at his first page and i would not talk about it.
You can can find the specifications here: SEAS EXCEL
You can buy them here:Madisound Speaker Components: distributor of loudspeaker drivers and parts for speaker builders.

Note the T29CF001 must be replace by the T29CF002 (1700$ total cost of drivers) but I think you can use instead the cheaper T25CF001 (1200$ total cost of drivers)

that is exactly what I meant (The tweeter) Thanks, the cost is very similiar with a Selah design.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.