Modelling driver pointed in multiple directions in passive crossover designer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
How do I use horizontal panning? I'm designing a system in which the tweeters are angled 45 degrees from the woofers so that the tweeters are pointing directly at the listener when the woofers are aimed 45 degrees outward. How would I model this in passive crossover designer?

I think I figured it out. I input the original .frd file for a single woofer then set horizontal panning to 45 degrees. I then printscreened and used spl trace on the graph to create a new .frd file compensated for the roll off in db due to the 45 degree angle. Does that sound like it would work?

diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2008
Paid Member
If you judge the breakup based on the on-axis measurement, you may miss a few things. Like in this example. From the on-axis plot it appears that the breakup is at 2kHz, but if you look at the bigger picture breakup appears to begin below 500Hz. It doesn't become a problem until after 1kHz, but the on-axis frequency response is inaccurate between 500-1k.

Attachments

• 1.gif
    1.gif
    19.9 KB · Views: 80
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.