learning material

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would like to locate any publications/websites/forums/etc that would give me a good start for learning DIY audio. Can anyone give me some recomendations?

Admittedly, I am hardly even versed in general electronics. Much of what is discussed on these forums is over my head, but I am learning. I'm not a complete dummy, I'm capable of grasping the technicalities- just haven't studied electronics.

I posted this on the loudspeaker forum because that would likely be my first project, but I am also interested in other components. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your patience...:)

I would like to recommend David Weems' book titled "The Great Sound Stereo Speaker Manual" as a good place to start for learning loudspeaker design. Many suggest "The Loudspeaker Cookbook" but I think that it can be a tad overwhelming for someone just getting started.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.