4-way active 15+10+4"horn +tweeter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just finishing my 4 way active setup with FIR filtering.....

sub 30-70hz B&C 15ps100 in TL (labyrinth)
Midbass 70-500hz Beyma 10g40(ported) insane driver best punch i ever get.
Radian 950pb + E-jmlc 300 the midrange is just excellent
Fountek cd 3.5h (don’t sure it is the tweeter will leave)
Clear very detailed sound but too light as i can hear

For sub and mid there are 2 lme49830 with 2sk1530 2sj201 output
for midrange and tweeter - zen4 - with pure film output capacitor

8 channel stepped relay attenuator with additional control of each 2 channels

for now Esi esp1010 for source and Koon fir filters

if somebody can suggest better High-Efficiency tweeter with more bold sound...

thinking about pht-409 to try...

Attachments

• DSC_9698.jpg
    DSC_9698.jpg
    454.3 KB · Views: 778
  • DSC_9700.jpg
    DSC_9700.jpg
    446.3 KB · Views: 744
  • DSC_9712.jpg
    DSC_9712.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 740
  • DSC_9716.jpg
    DSC_9716.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 719
  • DSC_9795.jpg
    DSC_9795.jpg
    483.7 KB · Views: 702
Good looking project!

You didnt say the crossover freq of the super tweeter. A budget would also be nice to know or i could recommend a GOTO unit :p

To be honest i would go for one more jmlc horn/driver configuration to reach the top end.

GOTO is too cool for me)
E-jmmlc horns does not reach 20k as i see but i think about them with B&C drivers

The Xo poitns is 70-500-5k for now

Indeed, while 950pb is a wonderful driver, its hard to hit that top end. I meant adding one more horn to your system and one more driver.

I remember a system with 950pd and BMS 4540ND in JMLC horns.
So what i suggest is adding one horn with 1000hz or 2000hz cutoff and a driver like the bms to take the sound from 5k up.

it has a rise in 2nd harmonic but i wouldnt worry too much about it. In the graph the distortion levels are shifted 10db higher on the scale to fit the graph.

De7 is a good driver but you need a smaller throat on your horn or an adapter and i believe you will have a hard time getting a 1400hz horn with the small throat size.
the bms plays alot higher tho and can be easily equalized to flat response, of course this is just an option.

Meanwhile i found the implementation i was talking about as an example:
6moons industry features: La Grande Castine

it has a rise in 2nd harmonic but i wouldnt worry too much about it. In the graph the distortion levels are shifted 10db higher on the scale to fit the graph.

De7 is a good driver but you need a smaller throat on your horn or an adapter and i believe you will have a hard time getting a 1400hz horn with the small throat size.
the bms plays alot higher tho and can be easily equalized to flat response, of course this is just an option.

Meanwhile i found the implementation i was talking about as an example:
6moons industry features: La Grande Castine
e-jmlc 1400 - is 0.75 inch throat
and there is e-jmlc 2000-0.5
the rise of the 2 harmonic indicates the cone breakup

:) Readed a lot of discussion
as i see now bms 4540 is ring radiator... that changes a lot but ... but in e-jmlc litle too directive and not too smooth
Faital looks better and it is ring radiator too and it smooth but directive
the de7 is just dome but performes incredible smooth in e-jmlc 1400...
so realy only 3 choises hard to decide

It much depends on the directivity pattern of your horn at the targeted crossover frequency, that you will want to match to some extend.
Are you happy with the directivity (especially on the vertical axis) of your ribbons?
directivity is acceptible :)
cant say i happy but the midrange horn is almost the same directivity
the best directivety option is e-jmlc 1400 +b&c de7 but it needs a lot of eq dont shure it will give right sound

Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.