Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

elipson 1303 replica?
elipson 1303 replica?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th January 2015, 08:22 PM   #21
nuttyhifi is offline nuttyhifi  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Wich model of 1303 are you reffering to or from what period ?
Old 25th January 2015, 08:44 PM   #22
arjen is offline arjen  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

I build my replica's around 1990. If memory serves me right. It had the HIF13 in both mid and low. I believe the commercial model already had the 17cm. woofer by then. The guy I bought my speaker stuff from back then (Audio Dome in Amsterdam) tried to find the crossover values for the 17cm, but I sold the speakers before he ever found out.
So I don't know what model I copied, but it was definitely one of the older versions.
Old 26th January 2015, 06:50 AM   #23
jochems is offline jochems  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

The 2606 had similar character in the mids and lows compared to the 1303. Only with lower bass extention and a bit less critical for amplifiers. But it would be complicated to reproduce. I don't have a clue anymore about the exact tuning of the Helmholtz resonators on the HM130G0.

Nuttyhifi is right it is easier and cheaper to buy a used one. Although in most cases the HIF13 will probably be in bad shape. In any case I would avoid the polyester ones (they all dtart to resonate at some point) and the Foster tweeter (I don't like that sound).

And about Elipson vs Duson: this is much more about 1303 (and derivates) vs other Elipsons as well. This speaker really was a very special one. And the Libre, Isis and Orphee were Elipson designs that were manufactured under license.
The 2202 was a Studio de Schop design turned 90 degrees. And the old Colonne Duson (with 2x audax 17cm) was designed by Elipson, exclusively for Duson.

Only the 2606 and some Driade models
were designed by Duson / me...
Old 12th September 2016, 03:57 PM   #24
Gropascal is offline Gropascal  France
diyAudio Member

Hi,

Any further information about your replica inner dimensions (both band-pass and midrange loading) ?
Thanks

elipson 1303 replica?Hide this!Advertise here!