Problem in response

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes you are right.

From the start I made some reinforcment that I didn't instaled so will try them now and see if they can breake some of this standing waves. Those reinforcments will fit right in so it is very easy for me to test it.

Also I have to make new front panel to fit smaller port, I didn't use the one that will be in final version, in fact the port that I use now is 27 cm long and it is also on the outside of the box :)

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Yes you are right.

From the start I made some reinforcment that I didn't instaled so will try them now and see if they can breake some of this standing waves. Those reinforcments will fit right in so it is very easy for me to test it.

Also I have to make new front panel to fit smaller port, I didn't use the one that will be in final version, in fact the port that I use now is 27 cm long and it is also on the outside of the box :)

Did you get this sorted out.. The dip etc.. I'm thinking about trying a pair of these..

How do they sound? Vocals,bass, treble on it own, Soundstage, treble woof integration, how loud before woofer over extends etc..

Kind Regards, Joel

Hi Jole,

Dip in response was result of room that I made measurement and if I remember correctly the peak of bass reflex port has gone with some more damping, would have to look mesurments again, but anyway it isn't a problem.

Sound is very good, so I do recommend you to try them. There is no problem as far as I can hear with treble/woofer integration. I listen to them in a small room 4 by 4 meters and they are simply loud enough, also in bass range.

For me it is a very simple and very good project, so I do recommend it to anyone to give them a try. I like it more than B 80, but B 200 is better and also different price.

Here is the final product, colour selectiond by my one and only boss to met WAF standards ;)

Still on to do list is to play with damping, but it is hard since it is another room and system, so I don't know what to expect.

All in all it is a nice speaker for audio/video duty, kind of allrounder for a tipical EU sized room (4x4 meters) and very simple to build.

Mesurment is made at 0, 15, 30 and 45, spacing on the vertical scale is 5 dB.

Attachments

• DSC_01091.jpg
    DSC_01091.jpg
    548 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC_01101.jpg
    DSC_01101.jpg
    583.8 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC_01111.jpg
    DSC_01111.jpg
    483.7 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC_01141.jpg
    DSC_01141.jpg
    552.4 KB · Views: 70
  • hx10-disperzija.jpg
    hx10-disperzija.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 71
I'm late seeing this thread, and people have alluded to a room effect already, but the dip at 150Hz looks very like the Allison Effect. It is a result of the out-of-phase bass image from the nearest boundary cancelling the main drivers output.

Very nice looking speaker. Nice work. Looks like the bass loading (Qts 0.5, Vas 5.1L) and cabinet is all there is to do, since the crossover is built in.
HX 10 - 4 Ohm

I'd guess you could run the bass with the suggested loadings of the similar W 100 S - 4 Ohm in Visaton Boxsim

Looks to me like your original port was way too big, eh? Damping a reflex is usually done with rubbery stuff stuck to the sides, leaving the enclosure largely empty IIRC.

I'm late seeing this thread, and people have alluded to a room effect already, but the dip at 150Hz looks very like the Allison Effect. It is a result of the out-of-phase bass image from the nearest boundary cancelling the main drivers output.

Yes, that was it.

Very nice looking speaker. Nice work. Looks like the bass loading (Qts 0.5, Vas 5.1L) and cabinet is all there is to do, since the crossover is built in.
HX 10 - 4 Ohm

I'd guess you could run the bass with the suggested loadings of the similar W 100 S - 4 Ohm in Visaton Boxsim
Boxsim is a greate software especialy for Visaton drivers. I us it to calculate volumen for all drivers that I use.

Looks to me like your original port was way too big, eh? Damping a reflex is usually done with rubbery stuff stuck to the sides, leaving the enclosure largely empty IIRC.

Can we say that the port was too short ;)
I don't know where it went wrong with calculations, but when I made calculation it was ok on a paper. Well lesson learned and now I'm more cerfule doing it :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.