Problem in response - Page 5 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th May 2012, 11:15 AM   #41
diyAudio Member

Thanks for idea, will try to do something about it when I have time :-)
Old 13th May 2012, 05:48 PM   #42
mdocod is offline mdocod  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to mdocod
Why? It 's not strong enough to even show up in combined response. I'd suggest pretending like you never noticed that hump in port response and enjoy the darn speakers.
Old 14th May 2012, 06:34 AM   #43
diyAudio Member

Yes you are right.

From the start I made some reinforcment that I didn't instaled so will try them now and see if they can breake some of this standing waves. Those reinforcments will fit right in so it is very easy for me to test it.

Also I have to make new front panel to fit smaller port, I didn't use the one that will be in final version, in fact the port that I use now is 27 cm long and it is also on the outside of the box :-)
Old 3rd January 2013, 01:59 PM   #44
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk2carlos View Post
Yes you are right.

From the start I made some reinforcment that I didn't instaled so will try them now and see if they can breake some of this standing waves. Those reinforcments will fit right in so it is very easy for me to test it.

Also I have to make new front panel to fit smaller port, I didn't use the one that will be in final version, in fact the port that I use now is 27 cm long and it is also on the outside of the box :-)
Did you get this sorted out.. The dip etc.. I'm thinking about trying a pair of these..

How do they sound? Vocals,bass, treble on it own, Soundstage, treble woof integration, how loud before woofer over extends etc..

Kind Regards, Joel
Old 4th January 2013, 07:27 AM   #45
diyAudio Member

Hi Jole,

Dip in response was result of room that I made measurement and if I remember correctly the peak of bass reflex port has gone with some more damping, would have to look mesurments again, but anyway it isn't a problem.

Sound is very good, so I do recommend you to try them. There is no problem as far as I can hear with treble/woofer integration. I listen to them in a small room 4 by 4 meters and they are simply loud enough, also in bass range.

For me it is a very simple and very good project, so I do recommend it to anyone to give them a try. I like it more than B 80, but B 200 is better and also different price.
Old 5th January 2013, 01:56 AM   #46
diyAudio Member

Thanks Carlos

I'm still searching for possibilities but looks like a good choice and simple way to get a tweeter into a design...

More time needed before I go forward..

Hide this!Advertise here!