Free cabinets near NYC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all -- Got in touch with someone trying to unload a lot of cabinets outside of New York. They are cabinets that were built for the now defunct Soliloquy line.

Soliloquy

Apparently there are lots.

Speaker cabinet Specs

SPEAKER #1, 2, 3 –
Outside measurements (in inches)
Height 14
Width 7 ½
Depth 11
Speaker holes (in inches)
Small Speaker
Outside Diameter 4 3/8
Inside Diameter 3 1/4
Large Speaker
Outside Diameter 6 1/8
Inside Diameter 4 3/4
Weight (in pounds, each box) 15 ½
Cabinet materials: 1 inch MDF box, Internal bracing ¾ inch MDF

speaker1.png

Speaker # 5
Height 24
Width 7.5
Depth 11
Small Speaker
Outside Diameter 4 3/8
Inside Diameter 3 3/8
Large Speakers
Outside Diameter 6 1/8
Inside Diameter 4 5/8
Weight (in pounds, each box) 19
Cabinet materials: 1 inch MDF box, ¾ inch MDF bracing

speaker5.png

SPEAKERS 7, 9
Height 36
Width 8 ½
Depth 10 ½
Small Speaker
Outside Diameter 4 1/16
Inside Diameter 3 1/16
Large Speaker
Outside Diameter 6 5/8
Inside Diameter 5 ¾
Weight (in pounds, each box) 35
Cabinet materials: ¾ inch MDF box, ¾ inch MDF bracing

speaker4.png

SPEAKER # 10
Height 36
Width 7 1/2
Depth 11
Small Speaker
Outside Diameter 4 3/8
Inside Diameter 3 1/4
Large Speakers
Outside Diameter 6 1/8
Inside Diameter 4 5/8
Weight (in pounds, each box) 41
Cabinet materials: 1 inch MDF box, ¾ inch MDF bracing

speaker10.png

SPEAKER # 11 (NOTE: These boxes and speaker facades are for Alon Elite Signature Speakers. Specs and info here: Aln by Acarian )
Height 29
Width 9 1/2
Depth 13
Top Speaker
Outside Diameter 4
Inside Diameter 3
Second from top Speaker
Outside Diameter 5 ½
Inside Diameter 4 ½
Third and forth from top speakers
Outside Diameter 8 ¼
Inside Diameter 7
Weight (in pounds, each box, including front speaker façade and grill frame) 45
Cabinet materials: ¾ inch MDF box and bracing, 1 ½ inch mahogany front speaker facade

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
Hey bfs21,
I am very interested. I will be in NY this weekend (or Friday need be). I can take a pair of the book shelves and a pair of floor standing cabinets if they need to get rid of them.

You can do a cabinet modification for your own project if need be. I am thinking maybe adding an additional front baffle to fit your own drivers if the holes are not the right size :)

Please let me know via PM or reply.

Thank you,
Ivan T.

Hi all --

OK just about have this all coordinated.

First, the lowdown:

-- Cabinets #10 and #5 are spoken for. If you're really after the 5s let me know; might split the set and only take one as a center, someone could have the other.

-- There are 3 bookshelf speakers. High confidence that these were meant to be Model 5 speakers for Soliloquy.

-- There are 3 towers, two in great condition (blonde), one in medium brown (few knicks, but all good). No idea what these were intended to be. They do NOT seem to be made for the soliloquy 6.2 model, despite appearances.

-- I think No. 11 is available but have to confirm.

Just one problem left to solve. I NEED A RIDE. Or, at the least, I need someone willing to bring the 10s and 5s down to Brooklyn. If you can help me here, you'll have first crack at the remaining speakers.

I'm a novice, so I've been looking for kits to match these, as I'm not smart enough to do it on my own. It has NOT been easy.

-- Danny at GR took a look at the towers and felt they weren't close enough for his X-LS design, so he couldn't give his blessing.

-- The towers could also potentially fit the Seas Idunn design (originally a bookshelf). There have been some Idunn towers done here and there. But there might be slight differences in measurement.

-- For the bookshelves, these could probably fit the "Encore" 2-way designs at Parts Express. This looks promising.

In general I'd recommend getting the cabinets before ordering drivers. Measurements above are pretty good, but best to confirm.

OK, so if you can help on the transportation front, we're ready to rumble. Please send a PM if interested.

Ok so looks like we can finally go pick these up.

If you PM'd me I will message back and we can coordinate. If you haven't messaged me, there's time to get in. Will be this weekend or next.

Some factoids:

-- The cut-out holes for 1, 5, and 10 are a perfect match for the HiVi F5 woofers or the Eton 5-880s.

-- There are a number of tweeters that will match as well (110mm diameter, not tons out there but plenty to choose from). I'm looking at the Fountek Neo3D.

-- There are lots of 1s, at least two 5s, and three of four sets of 7s. The 10s are probably spoken for.

-- Haven't had as much luck finding counterparts for 7, and 9. They do match the Madisound-brand 6.5" woofer. But I haven't looked as hard here and there should be other matches.

Get in touch if interested! Price = Free.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.