Have You Seen This?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Attachments

• most-expensive-stereo-002.jpg
    most-expensive-stereo-002.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 329
My Observations -

Wasted money - he's bought a lot of things that don't improve sound quality and -

Overbuilt - the system can reach levels higher than "live" - at least in terms of unamplified live, i.e., a symphony orchestra can reach 110 dB - I don't need to hear a recording at higher than that.

Also one could argue the set-up/placement of speakers is not optimal, and there appears to be no room treatment etc.

Retraction

Wasted money - he's bought a lot of things that don't improve sound quality and -

Overbuilt - the system can reach levels higher than "live" - at least in terms of unamplified live, i.e., a symphony orchestra can reach 110 dB - I don't need to hear a recording at higher than that.

Also one could argue the set-up/placement of speakers is not optimal, and there appears to be no room treatment etc.

I found a reference to the room - it is thoroughly designed and built acoustically, including room/wall treatments.

Whatts?

Well, at least I can beat him on power, my humble stereo can deliver 16.000 watt. :p

But then something like that isn't difficult with pro audio gear. ;-)

Edit: Darn, the official site claimed 96.000 watts instead of the 11.000 claimed on the article... :-/

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.