Dunlavy SV-IV Midrange Driver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi DIY'ers,

Funny, everyone blows tweeters in these speakers and it seems i got a weak midrange driver. Sadly, she rubbs a tad during around 180Hz and below during higher SPL. Can't seem to find the DAL-X 5" Vifa M13SG09-08 driver, which it seems to be was the 'replacement'. Anyone have a line and yes odds are it means four new drivers to keep things matched.

Thanks and ALL help is ALWAYS appreciated.

ADDED: Just carefully checked the driver... the inner part of the rubber surround (closest to driver center) is starting to come off the main coated paper cone. Glue to use is ???

Last edited:
Many thanks! i did see Black Rubber Cement Speaker Repair Glue 1 oz. Bottle 340-078, but was hoping there was something else more, well... probably in-house here, Home Depot or the local car parts store. Waiting for glue to arrive could take three days, and without music for three days here is like getting the death sentence ;)

Just called a hi-fi guy three towns over, yes i live in the sticks, he has some. Crisis averted!

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.