CD correction crossover

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone again!

Now, I have google searched after google search but cannot find any definite links or circuit diagrams to help.

I currently need to shape the response of a compression driver a little. It needs around 3.5dB taken off 3.5K, 1.5 BW/Oct (Or thereabouts). Current crossover is a 24dB/oct 1K35.

Can anyone give me a helping hand? Even a point in the right direction would be great! :D

Many thanks,

Have had promising results with this calculator Strassacker: Speaker - kits - do it yourself

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Let me know if there'e anything glaringly wrong before I order parts please :eek:

I take it I don't need FRD/ZMA software as I have already arrived at these values with an equaliser? Hence taking into results the natural response :D

Thanks!

diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2008
Paid Member
There will still be interactions you should give some consideration to. For example, if you have a capacitor crossing this driver which is causing it to begin rolling off at 3k5, then its effect will be reduced by this bandstop filter. Another example is that if your driver had a higher impedance in this region then this filter will be less effective.

For both cases the answer could simply be to increase the value of resistor you have calculated. On the other hand you could model it, your choice. No doubt you'll have some phase change so you may have some slight unexpected changes around the crossover region.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.