Some of you designers should market your creations

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
They have B&W at the local hifi emporium, and from casual listening that is my take....

dave

hehe...thanks Dave...you're my hero:D

I know right...thats the big deal really.

I guess if I were to spend serious bucks on audio jewelry...I would buy Wilsons...they deliver, set up, fine tune, and cook a nice Borscht (after all you have to appease the wifey poo).

Last edited:
OK, enough of this. You want to know more about Steen Duelund, don't you? First lets look at the simplest derived current Gryphon Mojo design:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

6moons audio reviews: Gryphon Audio Designs Mojo

Drive units are SEAS H1216-08 CA15RLY and Mundorf AMT. Time aligned D'Appolito damped reflex. 4th order L/R crossover. Lots of Steen subtleties in the construction too. Very nice indeed in a small room. :)

True to the tradition is this affordable DIY design by our own resident genius John Kreskovsky in 2004:
DIY speaker designs: Vifa P17WJ-00-08 - D25AG-35-06 System at audioDIYcentral

I won't say too much about it beyond noticing a nice polypropylene bass and small BBC type closed box, because I expect he'll get very cross at me, but a construction project is very nicely documented too:
Eric Wallin's Internet Homepage

We can move on now, I reckon. But I have a question. Why don't we use flattish bookshelf speakers mounted ON BOOKSHELVES against the wall anymore? Like the Acoustic Research AR-6 and AR-7? I think they should make a comeback! :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.