Hi Vi F6 box

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I found this , but there are no dimensions too. Can anybody help me with the box ?
Specifications
Nominal Impedance (Z)(Ω) : 8 Resonance Frequency (Fs)(Hz) : 45 Nominal Power Handling (Pnom)(W) : 45 Max Power Handling (Pmax)(W) : 90 Sensitivity (2.83v/1m)(dB) : 88 Weight (M)(Kg) : 2.1 VC Diameter (mm) : 25 DC (Re)(Ω) : 6.5 VC Length (H)(mm) : 14.5 VC Former : SV VC Frame : Kapton Magnet System : Shielded Magnet Former : Ferrite Force Factor (BL)(N/A) : 9.0 Gap Height (He)(mm) : 6.0 Linear Excursion (Xmax)(mm) : 4.3 Suspension Compliance (Cms)(uM/N) : 658 Mechanical Q (Qms) : 3.91 Electrical Q (Qes) : 0.38 Total Q (Qts) : 0.35 Moving Mass (Mms)(g) : 18.3 Effective Piston Area (Sd)(m2) : 0.0139 Equivalent Air Volume (Vas)(L) : 16.4 Cabinet Type : Vented Recommended Box Volume(Vb)(L) : 15 Tuning Frequency(Fb)(Hz) : 45 -3dB Cut-Off Frequency(F3)(Hz) : 42

Hi sreten, thank you for the post. Can you tell me more info for the box ? What is the freq at -3 and -10 dB ? My english is bad, and i'm sorry for this. Sreten please send me if you want to my email savari@abv.bg the dimensions and placement of the wood barriers inside ? Do i need batting for inside ? Regards, Jordan.

Hi,

IPL use two basic TL cabinet designs, the one in the above post and :

S2tlcab.gif

Its not difficult to work out the internal dimensions given overall size.

If your driver is similar to the IPL drivers the boxes will suit as well
as they do to the IPL drivers. Its not rocket science and it is just
assuming IPL have reasonable alignments you are copying.

Stuffing you'l have to work out yourself

If you want to get into numbers look at :

http://www.quarter-wave.com/TLs/Alignment_Tables.pdf

An MJK tapered TL would tend to look more like this :

http://seas.no/images/stories/diykits/pdfdataheet/thor_cab.pdf

Noting in the above the cabinet is far more suited to one bass driver
than two, as the line area has been completely fudged to reduce size.

rgds, sreten.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.