Loudspeaker Build Thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, here you go, just fixed all parts with a few bolts to make the photograph.

Attachments

• ls-2-dag26.jpg
    ls-2-dag26.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 142
Since some time both speakers are operational, that is: they play but no final passive x-over yet. I use the lyngdorf and Hypex to drive them for the moment. x-over at 350hz and 3,5Khz both 2nd order slopes. There is little to fault about this IMHO but still need to make some measurements to confirm this.

I first thought of running the speakers without a front/grille but I changed my mind and will build a pair of front (I included already some magnets into the baffle).

As a side note: After some burn-in time I let lyngdorf's Roomperfect do it's thing: the module says 20% correction needed whereas my previous speakers, Mirage M3si's, did have the correction percentages around the 60%. For good understanding: the percentage is the usage of Roomperfect correction capabilities/resources. As usual, at least in my case, the roomperfect mostly straightened some woofer-room interaction, secondly it improved the imaging.

Attachments

• ls2-dag28.jpg
    ls2-dag28.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 113
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.