Vifa drivers, still made in Denmark?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ordinarily I wouldn't care, but there's just something so un-cool about the passion of anything emanating from China. Sorry if that's sounds racist, sexist, homophobic or whatever. I just don't get those people. Their creativity amounts to buying or copying anything.

and i guess all Americans are fat, lazy, gun slingers.. right? ;)

it's true a lot of Chinese companies will copy, because they can do it and make money.
if Americans could do this, they would too.... but higher labor costs and stricter copyright laws make is unprofitable to copy.
that said i can point to many copies by US/EU companies...
look at any 13mm 'balanced dome' tweeter, they are all copies of the original Audax unit...

Tymphany in China are actually doing as much if not more genuine R&D than Vifa/Peerless in Denmark ever did.
have you seen the GBS drivers, unique, patented, designed and built in China, Transducer Detail | Tymphany

another thing to remember is that a huge proportion of products are designed and built in China but branded/distributed with a western name.
unfortunately it's only the stuff so bad no-one will put their name to, that makes it to the west as a China brand.

Point sharp. Where would we be without our Toyota's and Nikons. And don't blame the Chinese other than for not acting against low labor conditions and poor payments. First have a glance on the motives behind western investor's choices.

Toyota was the same. It was not fun to work for Toyota or beeing a subcontractor. There is a reason why they could invent Just In Time back then. They controlled the subcontractors 100%, and workers was living in tents just next to the factory.

But you have to start somewhere, and China just do what they are good at. When the middle class will grow, things will slowly begin to change.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.