Advent Pearl bracket mount speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey folks,
I just picked up a pair of Advent Pearls that are missing the bracket mounts and the face covers.
Found them at a thrift shop for 8 bucks apiece, so I didnt complain much.
They don't need the brackets, and some hardware cloth and tin snips will get me some decent covers, and I can say they're the best sounding speakers I've ever owned (not saying much, I'm not a very rich man).

What I really miss is the specs for these particular models.
There is nothing printed on the back, like the usual ohms and watts, but there's not even a model number or anything; just 'Advent Pearl' and some 'Tested by' and 'Inspected by' initials.
The speakers inside don't have anything but manufacturer markings printed on them, and my multimeter tells me 5 ohms.
There's a crossover inside, so that may skew the mm a bit, but what I'm after is hard info.

Anybody have any specs on these, like dB/W, power handling, frequency response, etc.?
There is absolutely nothing on the 'net about these things, which is rather unusual.

Last edited:
Yes, these are the 5.25" woofer models, and the foams look almost brand new.
Lots of replacement kits going around, so maybe they've been done already.
I kinda figured they were Jensen period, but either way some good info on how they handle would be nice.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.