Econowave with WAF ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
lol don't let her see #1 :D

;)

A few weeks ago I read that whole Flex thread at Parts Express, plus the Audio Karma Econowave thread.. So much info!, but I skimmed over most everything that wasn't related to the Deluxe version using the QSC WG with the B&C250, and I was also looking for anything I could find Altec related to the 416 etc..

So, lots more reading I'd say to find a smaller Econo that's up to muster..

If your pockets are deep enough you could always get her something sparkly and shiny, if that could allow some Econo Deluxe sized cabs into the living environment :cool:

Or? plan B to push the limits! = Look around and find roughly 4 cubic feet of stuff that she has about the house that you're not really fond of, and tell her it's gotta go! :D

Anyhow good luck with the project, lots of great info to be read on the Econo's..

Yea loads of reading to do.

I did think about removing her fluffy pillows that are strewn all over the sofa and her sparkly, silver and gold twigs in a vase. I could tell her that if i'm not allowed big speakers in the house, then I don't want her rubbish cluttering up the place. I wish I was gay sometimes...

Don't wish for that, because then the fluffy pillows and twigs in a vase would be YOURS :D :D
Although, it might be cute to see you make some econowaves with pink fur for a veneer. Maybe faux leopard skin? You could do it Snooky style with pink zebra pattern.
Does she burn candles? Someone got candle wax all over my stereo system due to thier stupidity. Maybe you could compromise and make a wax-proof speaker she can burn candles on :D Spanish wicker decanter econowaves!

Don't wish for that, because then the fluffy pillows and twigs in a vase would be YOURS :D :D
Although, it might be cute to see you make some econowaves with pink fur for a veneer. Maybe faux leopard skin? You could do it Snooky style with pink zebra pattern.
Does she burn candles? Someone got candle wax all over my stereo system due to thier stupidity. Maybe you could compromise and make a wax-proof speaker she can burn candles on :D Spanish wicker decanter econowaves!

I did show her some large, funky looking speakers, a few years ago (They were a bright red, gloss colour IIRC) she said they were really cool ! I got the impression she would have been happy to have them in the living room, but I cant remember what they were now.

Yea she loves candles. I don't see the point in them really. Why not start a proper fire ?

The trick is to start with something even larger. Buy or make something really huge, preferably ugly as heck maybe half painted plywood and big things sticking out of it. Say that its just temporary while you do some testing or are checking out something or other. She won't really believe the temporary part, but will probably grant you a little time. Then after a week or so, replace them with nice smaller shiny Econowaves with a nice finish. She'll love them..:D

The trick is to start with something even larger. Buy or make something really huge, preferably ugly as heck maybe half painted plywood and big things sticking out of it. Say that its just temporary while you do some testing or are checking out something or other. She won't really believe the temporary part, but will probably grant you a little time. Then after a week or so, replace them with nice smaller shiny Econowaves with a nice finish. She'll love them..:D

I think it would be easier to bury her in the back garden :cool:

:)I've been listening complaining ("why can't you make them slim, slender, thin, tiny , invisible...) while I was in planing proces, but surprise,surprise... She likes them now, even without some pretty finish. I offered her to paint them (she is an ceramics-painter artist) , but she is considering dressing the boxes in 8mm okume-plywood...lucky me:)

I am in a similar predicament to you. I am looking to make a Econowave 8 with 8" 8FE200 Faital Pro driver....I will have lower sensitivity closer to 92db but its smaller so maybe if you cant sell her on the bigger monitors, you can look at some of those?

I think the only other option for me is to get a ribbon tweeter to try and keep the size down...but I wont go below a 8" driver

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.