Econowave with WAF ? - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st March 2012, 11:45 PM   #21
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveCan View Post
lol don't let her see #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveCan View Post
A few weeks ago I read that whole Flex thread at Parts Express, plus the Audio Karma Econowave thread.. So much info!, but I skimmed over most everything that wasn't related to the Deluxe version using the QSC WG with the B&C250, and I was also looking for anything I could find Altec related to the 416 etc..

So, lots more reading I'd say to find a smaller Econo that's up to muster..

If your pockets are deep enough you could always get her something sparkly and shiny, if that could allow some Econo Deluxe sized cabs into the living environment

Or? plan B to push the limits! = Look around and find roughly 4 cubic feet of stuff that she has about the house that you're not really fond of, and tell her it's gotta go!

Anyhow good luck with the project, lots of great info to be read on the Econo's..
Yea loads of reading to do.

I did think about removing her fluffy pillows that are strewn all over the sofa and her sparkly, silver and gold twigs in a vase. I could tell her that if i'm not allowed big speakers in the house, then I don't want her rubbish cluttering up the place. I wish I was gay sometimes...
Old 2nd March 2012, 07:45 PM   #22
diyAudio Member

Don't wish for that, because then the fluffy pillows and twigs in a vase would be YOURS
Although, it might be cute to see you make some econowaves with pink fur for a veneer. Maybe faux leopard skin? You could do it Snooky style with pink zebra pattern.
Does she burn candles? Someone got candle wax all over my stereo system due to thier stupidity. Maybe you could compromise and make a wax-proof speaker she can burn candles on Spanish wicker decanter econowaves!
Old 2nd March 2012, 10:15 PM   #23
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMHutson View Post
Don't wish for that, because then the fluffy pillows and twigs in a vase would be YOURS
Although, it might be cute to see you make some econowaves with pink fur for a veneer. Maybe faux leopard skin? You could do it Snooky style with pink zebra pattern.
Does she burn candles? Someone got candle wax all over my stereo system due to thier stupidity. Maybe you could compromise and make a wax-proof speaker she can burn candles on Spanish wicker decanter econowaves!
I did show her some large, funky looking speakers, a few years ago (They were a bright red, gloss colour IIRC) she said they were really cool ! I got the impression she would have been happy to have them in the living room, but I cant remember what they were now.

Yea she loves candles. I don't see the point in them really. Why not start a proper fire ?
Old 6th April 2012, 04:33 AM   #24
dsime42 is offline dsime42  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Politics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaesh View Post
my girlfriends definitely like my ib\inwall 15"+2380a
[girfriends like or girlfriend likes.................... sorry my english.. ]..
It is "girlfriend likes" and you can tell them all you were talking about her.
Old 6th April 2012, 09:45 AM   #25
Flaesh is offline Flaesh  Russian Federation
diyAudio Member

exactly so!

Last edited by Flaesh; 6th April 2012 at 09:59 AM.
Old 6th April 2012, 10:19 AM   #26
nesha is offline nesha  Serbia
diyAudio Member

My wife was complaining oabout size of our new speakers, but when she saw them in the (our small ) lliving room, she changed the song. Now she likes size and proportions and legs , and she wants to bi included in finish. BetsyK ML-TL and TQWT
Old 6th April 2012, 12:46 PM   #27
bwaslo is offline bwaslo  United States
diyAudio Member

The trick is to start with something even larger. Buy or make something really huge, preferably ugly as heck maybe half painted plywood and big things sticking out of it. Say that its just temporary while you do some testing or are checking out something or other. She won't really believe the temporary part, but will probably grant you a little time. Then after a week or so, replace them with nice smaller shiny Econowaves with a nice finish. She'll love them..
Old 6th April 2012, 02:28 PM   #28
diyAudio Member

Found an even better bass driver guys.

Beyma 12b100r. It will give an f3 of 68Hz in a smaller 33.8ltr sealed box.

What do you think?
Old 6th April 2012, 02:37 PM   #29
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesha View Post
My wife was complaining oabout size of our new speakers, but when she saw them in the (our small ) lliving room, she changed the song. Now she likes size and proportions and legs , and she wants to bi included in finish. BetsyK ML-TL and TQWT
I'd be more than happy with something like that in the living room, but I know she wouldn't
Old 6th April 2012, 02:39 PM   #30
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaslo View Post
The trick is to start with something even larger. Buy or make something really huge, preferably ugly as heck maybe half painted plywood and big things sticking out of it. Say that its just temporary while you do some testing or are checking out something or other. She won't really believe the temporary part, but will probably grant you a little time. Then after a week or so, replace them with nice smaller shiny Econowaves with a nice finish. She'll love them..
I think it would be easier to bury her in the back garden

Hide this!Advertise here!