PRO-9TL leftovers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've got the following bits from some Chris Rogers PRO-9TLs;

Audax hd12x9d25
Morel EM1308
Kef B139
Falcon acoustics crossovers

I pulled all this stuff out of a set of rotten PRO-9TLs that sounded great originally but were big! The Kef and Audax both work fine but the metal surrounds need a re-spray and the sticky tweeters are pretty dirty! The Morel units are brand new replacements for the original Peerless M122; I've still got a spare Peerless driver in very good condition but I couldn't find a second unfortunately.

So... two questions;

1. Does anyone know any decent 'SLIM' floor standing TL designs for the B139 drivers (I'd like to mount them on the side of the enclosure if possible)?
2. Should I re-use the dirty Audax tweeters or cough up for a new set of tweeters?

I've looked at loads of b139 enclosures online (including the very very large coffin design lol) but I've not found many aesthetically pleasing ones! :)

I've had these bits for a couple of years now and I need to do something productive!

Thanks for any advice!

They're still a bit on the large size!

I'd love to do a side firing design like Jamo s608s or Canton Karats - they're a nice size too!

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I've used the size calculators on this site (B139 SP1044 - EBP 64, Vas 164lts, Fs 25, Qts 0.37, Qtc 0.707, D 8.37in, Fb 25Hz) and the ported volume came out as 123.29 lts with f3 28.34Hz and fb 25Hz with a 3inch port, 4.5inch deep.

Is this correct? - I wasn't certain about the value of Fb

So...assuming this is right, I can make a 24*45*115cm (WDH) enclosure (plus a bit extra for speaker displacement). I've not made my own set of speakers before, so do you think I should keep it this simple, or consider increasing the size to incorporate a transmission line?

Cheers,
Chris

I've done a quick mock-up to scale, with an internal volume of about 120 litres and a port on the back near the top.

Any thoughts, comments, suggestions??

I'm not too sure about the height of the woofer and port yet, that will be the next hurdle! Also, I'm tempted to mount the tweeter behind the front panel with a wave guide to make it a bit neater.

Attachments

• Assem2.JPG
    Assem2.JPG
    220.3 KB · Views: 102
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.