Sinus

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I'm wondering if any knows anything of Sinus the Swedish speaker manufacturer?

dave

Attachments

• sinus-logo.jpg
    sinus-logo.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 621
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
gustav said:
Any specific questions ??

More just a general inquiry... i recycle old speakers and i ran across a set of 3-ways and i'd never heard of them before so they were a bit of a surprise. So more history than anything else.

Unfortuneatly the mid-bass on one was dead & the other a bit beat up, but the tweeters were really interesting.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

dave

Since I'm living in Bureå a small place in nothern Sweden, the place where Sinus speakers where manufactured until a few years ago, I just had to reply on this thread :cool:
I had a friend working there for a while so I even got to visit the place once. It was very interesting :)

I was the US Importer of that product line starting in 1977.

I had done considerable business with Sinus AB buying containers of automotive mufflers for distribution in the US.

They then encoyuraged me to import their loudspeakers for the US which I did.

They made thier debut at the Las Vegas CE Show in January, 1978.

It was a very good product but we had to effectuate some engineering changes.

Unfortunately after I had spent a ton of money promoting the product in the US Sinus AB decided to cease production!

This then spawned the creation of Sonab as was mentioned

If anyone in Sweden knows of Bertil Rundgren, their national sales manager, I would love to communicate with him.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.