EAW KF850 Build Help!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi, im a newbie here.im new in the pro audio and need some help. i've made up my mind on what cabinet i want to go with. this is the eaw kf850 and the eaw sb850z.

i need step by step information on building these boxes. dimensions from eaw site help me out a lot, but i need other information like port tuning and what size the port should be. when im building the cabinets, i will post pics so u can see how my project's going.

a list of materials will also be needed.

thank you

Very difficult to copy due to horn/phase plug arrangement on the midrange.. SB850 is just a 2x18" reflex so pretty simple. I suggest you pick up a used pair (fairly cheap thses days) and then assess how easy you think it would be to build. Nice sounding box but pretty heavy by todays standards! Original drivers were RCF and JBL if I remember..

The 850 is not an easy box to copy. Also without using EAW drivers, horn, phase plug, etc you won't be able to get it sound correct.
As a side note, you should plan on using the UX processor with the Gunness presets. Makes a HUGE difference.

IMHO, there are far better 2x18 subs out there to build.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.