Vifa PL14WJ09

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Existing Vifa designs

Hi Peter,

I don't if you have already checked out the Vifa Premium designs on http://www.audiocomponents.nl/speakers/vifa/premium/vifa-premium_ned.htm.
The Premium 22XT makes use of two PL14WJ09 speakers and one XT25 ringradiator. The drawings of the cabinet and the components used for the crossover can be found on de downloadable drawings.

Kind regards,
Emiel

Attachments

• premium22xt.jpg
    premium22xt.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 509
LaMa, Emiel, Bill; thanks for your responses. I agree that the XT-25 tweeter will work well with this unit. Although I have used the SS D2905 in the past, it seems priced out of my range.

Emiel, thanks for the steer to the Vifa drawings, I have downloaded the plans and will take a closer look at them this weekend.

Bill, I guess after looking at many 5-5.5" midrangers I have reached the conclusion that they all (Including some which are 3X the price of the Vifa unit) reflect some sort of irregularity in the 1-2KZ area, if you have a specific driver in mind, I would welcome that info.

Again, my thanks for your input.

Pete::)

Peter Menting said:
I guess after looking at many 5-5.5" midrangers I have reached the conclusion that they all (Including some which are 3X the price of the Vifa unit) reflect some sort of irregularity in the 1-2KZ area, if you have a specific driver in mind, I would welcome that info.
Pete::) [/B]

http://www.beyma.com/productos/studio/lowmid/5MP60N/S5MP60N.htm#

I've used this one, no irregularities as you can see. I used it as midbass, but after the results I'm planning to use it next time as a dedicated extended bandwith midrange in a three way (maybe dipole). Sounds very good and you can cross it low.

Bill; liked the P13 going in, there is still some dip in that 1-2K area but I am wary of poly cones and thought the p14 might be a little better in detail.

Raka; do they market in the US, could not determine this from site.

MCP; I could not agree more that Vifa is great value for the money, maybe the best out there. While the monitors look strong, my room is small for a 12" that is why I am considering a small TL or Bi-Polar.

Thanks to all for your input.

Pete:goodbad:

Here, in my usual electronic shop, the price to me is about 25 euro. Well, as I try to buy everything from them they give me some good prices.
It's a good driver, but not a powerhouse in the bottom as you will see from the simulations or form the technical data (they also have the phase!!). Has 4mm excursion tough, so as dipoles I think they will do if you don't need VERY high SPL. Your neghbours don't :clown:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.