Stolen items?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So I'm not yet 100% on this because theres an off chance that a neighbor picked it up or something but...

I was gone this weekend at our vacation cabin and a parts express package with almost $200 worth of drivers and other supplies was dropped off on saturday, probably around 2:00. I wasn't expecting it to arrive that soon and didn't check the tracking until today when I saw it said delivered. I texted a neighbor to have her move it to our side yard out of sight and a few hours later she responded saying it wasn't there. I get home about an hour after that (around 9:30 sunday) and sure enough its not there, I looked all the way around the house and still couldn't find it.

Considering that it was outside for about a day my first thought is that someone stole it. We live in a pretty nice neighborhood where crime is very low but there have been a few break ins this year.

Has anyone had this happen to them? How do I go about dealing with this?

I assume I should go to fedex first considering that they left it while I wasn't home with no signature verifying delivery, after that I should contact parts express and explain all this, knowing them they will probably do all they can, fedex... I'm not so sure

I'm really hoping that it will be something weird and turn up tomorrow but... I'm really annoyed that I'm not playing with all my new toys right now, and I don't want to have to wait forever for all of the insurance/ reshipping stuff

Oh yeah and sorry mods if this is in the wrong place, I have no idea where else to put it, considering that I had all different kinds of drivers in the package I would call it a multiway problem haha

Had almost same experance. I was waiting for the delivery at home and when 6pm came around I started to worry. I checked UPS and the site said it was delivered. I never heard the truck, odd. I checked all around outside, no package. Turned out UPS delivered it to same address on another street. Luck would have it I have great neighbors and the package was brought by the next morning. The lady said"Stupid UPS, what would I do with electronic parts" I hope it's a mix up. If not PartsExpress will have to file a claim.

Contact Partsexpress, they are the customer in the eyes of Fedex. Usually a company will send you a new package and deal with the insurance, at least in my experience with places like Partsexpress.

Thanks, I will do this first rather than dealing with fedex as im sure they wont be as friendly, I've used parts express quite a lot and I'm sure they want me to keep coming back and I've had good experiences with them in the past.

I'll wait until around 3:30 my time which is half an hour before they close just in case it turns up

Had almost same experance. I was waiting for the delivery at home and when 6pm came around I started to worry. I checked UPS and the site said it was delivered. I never heard the truck, odd. I checked all around outside, no package. Turned out UPS delivered it to same address on another street. Luck would have it I have great neighbors and the package was brought by the next morning. The lady said"Stupid UPS, what would I do with electronic parts" I hope it's a mix up. If not PartsExpress will have to file a claim.

Yeah I'm keeping fingers crossed for this, apparently that happens a lot from some preliminary googling about fedex policy

I'm hoping that if someone did steal it they will realize that they have no use for it rather than attempt to sell it or something. Of all the things to take... Really?

I have had similar situations many times with different couriers and every time packet have found from their debot after calling there. Here they don't leave packets to outside.

Only few times they have leaved note to mailbox or chanced "delivery to delivery attempt" in tracking system.:(
Usually they try new delivery or wait untill you call there.

Last edited:
I had an odd thing happen with a delivery of a Macbook Air about a year ago. It was being delivered to me in a small town in Australia.

The courier was delivering stuff to a store that sells lawn mowers and motor bikes and asked one of the guys there if they knew where my delivery address was (which wasn't that hard).

The guy at the store said "Hey, I know Neil. Leave it with me & I'll let him know it's here"

So that's what the delivery driver did :eek:

I trust the guy at the store who said he knows me. I doubt that he would have taken it. When I saw the delivery tracking reporting delivered 2 days earlier, I called Apple support to ask... wtf?

The courier company tracked down the delivery driver who gave me a call to tell me where he left it. Sure enough it was sitting at the mower store unopened. The guy who signed for it had forgotten about it and didn't tell me it was there...... :(

Delivery box left on my doorstep while I was in class/school. Contained toner cartridge ~$175.00.
Not there when I got home. I reported to vendor.
A week later, the opened box that had clearly been left outside in the rain showed up on my doorstep.
I guess neighborhood kids took the box and when the parents found out told them to return it.

made by Q-See but there are other manufactures (ie. Swann , Nightowl etc.) Mine with 8 cameras and the pc board was under $600. If you watch you can usually get 4 camera (ccd not cmos) plus the dvr (my recommendation for homeowner) under $300. I installed myself, cameras mounted under the eves of the house out of reach and not easily seen. Cabled because its more reliable but you can run wireless cameras on the system if thats what you choose. Color cameras (daytime) BW at night with 45ft of night vision. This technology has come a long way and has become very affordable for the homeowner. Battery backup so if I loose power both my alarm system and video system continue to run for hours. Cameras are situated such that there is no way other than dropping straight down onto my roof to get close to the house without setting of the system. Just one warning, ONLY video your immediate property boundary's. Works real well as not long after I installed it someone got inside my fence line, saw the posting in the window and left, police picked them up down the street within minutes of me calling.

Last edited:
I ordered nice earphones, on sale, not too expensive. UPS delivered to a business address in town, not even close in any way to my address. After many days of no delivery I checked, UPS said delivered. I called (somehow at that time I actually got a live person). She confirmed delivery to the wrong address! Then she asked me if I had gone to them!!! I said no, that's your job!

After a long time and a lot of crap from UPS (couldn't get to a live person later), I decided it wasn't worth the wasted time. UPS makes it difficult to speak directly to a live person and delays doing anything to make it right, I'm sure that's their modus operandi. I even had receipts and photo copies of everything at the time.

I do not use UPS if I have a better option and there is almost always a better option than UPS. I used to do occasional project purchases where I worked. I don't know how many times I chose one of the other options. UPS lost a lot more than my single, undelivered order.

DAve

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.