KEF 105.1 xover

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Attachments

• KEF_105.1_crossover.PNG
    KEF_105.1_crossover.PNG
    91.5 KB · Views: 177
Thanks for that guys, I have just purchased these speakers recently and been following an ebay uk auction but have missed it yesterday and the original xover went for 85 quid... I almost shot myself for not getting it. Although including the postage it would have cost me around 150 quid or so, so then I worked out that for 150 I could build a decent xover for the mk1s ? What do you think?

Regards
Mark

Before you clone this particular board it might be worth looking more closely at the layout. From the photo there are a couple of inductors/coils that look like they are a bit too close to each other and would probably benefit from being "angled" towards each other rather than parallel. That may be a potential issue. I'm not an expert in this area but I believe the problem is called "mutual coupling" or something like that. Check with the 'gurus' though.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.