A friend's got these columns ...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

GM

Joined 2003
Kind of strange, a column speaker designer asking for driver recommendations for a column design. Anyway, a number of Fostex drivers will work with varying amounts of series resistance, but two that might not need any are FE167E and FE207. The need for a supertweeter/XO and type would be too owner dependent to make a recommendation at this point.

GM

GM said:
Kind of strange, a column speaker designer asking for driver recommendations for a column design.
Yes, I know. I was thinking that there might be some really inexpensive non-Bandor drivers out there but then, how would I know? I rarely venture beyond the rarified atmosphere of full-range Bandors.

Steve

PS: I'll probably end up raiding my garage and knocking something together with vintage Bandors anyway. Just fancied a change is all.

I thought you were going with a low pass on the TBs and a tweeter
As I guess you saw, I used 4 of the W3-871S, the lower two are attenuated with a 1mH inductor and 4.5 Ohm resistor and the upper two run full, and like your's, there's a bit of a drop when you stand up. I tilted them back a bit to hit the listeners in the second row of seats. Also, they sound good when you're standing at the back of the room. My TL sub is a bit gruesome....most people just walk by pretending not to notice.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.