Kef 105/3 buz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all, first post here so be gentle. I have just got hold of a pair of 105/3 speakers as an step up from my 104/2's. The are in great condition as are the drivers, no foam rot etc. But I do have a problem, i can hear a buzzing sound on vocals more then any other type of music. The only way I can describe it, it sounds like someone singing through a Kazoo. I have checked the drivers for coil rub which there isnt and for loose wiring. Have I got shot UniQ drivers? If so do Kef supply an up dated uni?
Any help you guys can give would be muck appreciated. BTW i live in the UK.

Many thanks.

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hi Sturge, and welcome to diyaudio. Interesting speakers (just googled them). I'd be suspicious of the tweeter (I'm guessing it is the middle one, they all look the same). Could have been overpowered and the voice coil slightly fried. Could also be dirt in the voice coil gap (I fixed my dome mids which had a similar problem by dismantling and cleaning. Though your drivers don't look like they would come apart.

Tony.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.