Foster Speakers in North America

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I emailed Fostex but until now no response from them... That is the reason I posted this here. I was hopping that someone knows more...

I will email Foster also (if I dont get response from Fostex soon) but Foster and Fostex is the same company and Fostex has a distribution in North America.

The worst is that I need exactly those speakers from Foster and do not know how to get them... Need to replace my old speakers (currently refoamed by someone who should know how to do this but I am not satisfied and now want to replace all 4 drivers (2 woofers per speaker) and those ones are match just different product code from oem manufacturer. Foster make them for them.

Last edited:
Dave, it didn't come to my mind before that you are "Dave" from Planet 10 HiFi even it was the same nickname... I checked your webpage in a search for my first project driver.

While you have access to many good full range drivers like Mark Audio CHR-70 I just was thinking if one of these can match specs on that Foster drivers I need. Just a thought.

I just want to save my old speakers (Beovox CX100) which design I love and have something that can play really nice and right now I am thinking if some of those full range drivers can fit there and looks like that MA CHR-70 holes are match but sides might need some shaving. If you can take a look at specs and let me know. It might need some tweaks to it too but later to that...

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I'm going to guess that if you can't get the drivers you need from B&O or someone parting out a functioning pair, a reengineering might be required... but you won't end up with the same speaker -- if done right you could end up with a better one. Refoaming using generic foams is alwsy a crap shoot, as they are unlikely to have the same compliance as the original.

Can you post pictures?

dave

Probably right...

I will post some pictures later on however those guys at Audio Oasis delivered crap and worst thing is that I payed for it $160 + tax. IMHO the drivers are ruined and I do like them replaced. I do think even that I will do better job refaoming but I did say let professionals do it... and the end result was a disaster. Anyway short story I need new woofers.

a reengineering might be required... but you won't end up with the same speaker -- if done right you could end up with a better one.

I do like this idea since even you said this and just think from where to begin. First I was looking to find a driver which can fit there and during research find some probably suited donor drivers according to dimensions. Those are Marc Audio CHR-70 (with some modifications on the casting - it needs probably to be squared) and Marc Audio Alpair 6.

Then I was looking into this Linkwitz-Riley Electronic Crossover

Any idea?

Regards, Rade

Last edited:
Hello Dave,

Here are the pictures as requested.

add info:
- width (between screws) is 11cm
- opening hole is 9cm

Attachments

• image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    404.2 KB · Views: 209
  • image004.jpg
    image004.jpg
    411.8 KB · Views: 192
  • image005.jpg
    image005.jpg
    400 KB · Views: 193
  • image006.jpg
    image006.jpg
    411.7 KB · Views: 182
  • image010.jpg
    image010.jpg
    383.3 KB · Views: 178
  • image011.jpg
    image011.jpg
    386.9 KB · Views: 71
  • image012.jpg
    image012.jpg
    364.3 KB · Views: 49
  • image013.jpg
    image013.jpg
    412.3 KB · Views: 71
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
The WR125ST would be a decided upgrade if you could make them fit... they like a smallish sealed box.

but i'd be very hesitant of taking a dremel to the bezel if it is needed to make them fit. Bob is sold out, but i have some.

Seeing the pictures my 1st thot was the FF105wk.

Are the existing woofers 8 or 16 ohms?

I did take a look at FF105WK and was thinking that is the right one. Fitting is almost perfect but the rated music power is too low compared to Foster 434127 and according to someone at B&O that is the right one. Foster was making speakers for B&O Beovox CX100.

Then I was thinking into WR125ST and just need two sides of the bezel to be fitted.

I went to Occam Audio web page and really liked his MTM4. Similar configuration of the speaker...

and got reply from Fostex... Need to contact Foster now.

"Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email to our website.

Fostex is however a different division from Foster's OEM business. We
suggest you should contact with Foster USA for inquiry, but we believe
they work on 1K-10K quantity basis while they do not sell directly to
endusers.

FOSTER ELECTRIC (U.S.A.), INC.
Address
1000 E. State Parkway, Suite G, Schaumburg, IL. 60173 U.S.A.
Phone & Fax
+1-847-310-8200 / +1-847-310-8212

Best regards,"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.