Foster Speakers in North America

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
While I was continuing my search for the driver that can be fitted I hit the Dayton Audio page and found that they do have something that can be fitted and even they have multiple choices but I think that this one will be perfect ND105-8 .

http://www.daytonaudio.com/index.ph...5-8-4-aluminum-cone-midbass-driver-8-ohm.html

While I do not know how to compare parameters I just need some help from you guys here.

I will start soon also my first project soon and this is a new territory for me I am hopping that at some point I can give some advice to someone.

While I always loved audiophile sound I hope that I will master also to build/repair speakers to my taste.

Please guys let me know what is your opinion in this matter.

Best.

Thank you, Dave.

It looks like to me too, even I am beginner in this however right know is another big problem here. XO needs to be calculated for D'Appolito or MTM configuration and I do not have a clue how to do that.

What do I need to consider when making a XO and how to connect speakers for MTM crossover?

The box is sealed with 3 compartments and internal bracing with triangular opening.

Best,
Rade

some information I found on the net...

"The bottom woofer is connected in series with a a coil, as expected. The top woofer however, is connected in series with this coil and another coil that is paralleled with a capacitor. A weird thing about this second coil is that it has an iron core, just like a transformer. I thought this led to unlinearities.
The tweeter is connected in series with the lower woofer and bypassed by the first coil and also in series with the upper woofer - coil/capacitor combination.
I suppose the coil/capacitor is a bandstop filter. In conjunction with the other coil it will probably attenuate all frequencies exept the lower bass range to the top woofer. And the tweeter must in some way be affected too, but it is unclear how. It is clear however, that the two woofers will not have the same frequency response."

While I decided to go with new speakers I was thinking to get Martin Logan Motion 4 (locally sourced for 399CAD + tax). Does someone has them and how they sound. Didn't hear them yet (no time) and will be able to do some audition in 2 weeks and was thinking if someone of you guys have them or hear them already while I like to hear your opinions on those ones.

Brochure: http://www.martinlogan.com/pdf/brochures/brochure_motion4.pdf
Link: MartinLogan Motion® Series, Premium compact home theater speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.