Mysterious Impulse Measurement Problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here's a 2nd attempt at a loopback test on the Lexicon. I didn't change a freaking thing and now I get this every time (compare to above), which has a flat frequency response. Things seem to be getting less clear by the second. P.S. the little dip is still there when I go back to measure from the mic.

Attachments

• loopback impulse 2.PNG
    loopback impulse 2.PNG
    23.2 KB · Views: 87
Same result with loopback in HOLM, there's that trailing teardrop shape, but it's a flat response. I don't know what the heck happened the first time. No, my speaker measurement results have not changed. Is it possible the little downward start to this (and the same above) system impulse is actually the one I'm measuring at the speaker?

Attachments

• loopback impulse 2 HOLM.PNG
    loopback impulse 2 HOLM.PNG
    15.7 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Here's a 2nd attempt at a loopback test on the Lexicon. I didn't change a freaking thing and now I get this every time (compare to above), which has a flat frequency response. Things seem to be getting less clear by the second. P.S. the little dip is still there when I go back to measure from the mic.

And when you convert that to a FR graph, does it look as it should?

Last edited:
Maybe its just the real impulse response of the woofer that you are seeing.

Well, I don't know... here are the other two drivers I mentioned. One is a crappy 15" Goldwood, the other is a Weber 10" guitar speaker. The one used in the rest of this thread was a Lambda TD15M.

Skywave, yes, it looks good now, not sure how I got that rising response the first time.

Attachments

• impulse_weird_goldwood 15.PNG
    impulse_weird_goldwood 15.PNG
    17.8 KB · Views: 81
  • impulse_weird_guitar 10.PNG
    impulse_weird_guitar 10.PNG
    15.5 KB · Views: 80
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.