3a Andante Ultra Lineaire - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd January 2012, 06:59 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default 3a Andante Ultra Lineaire

Dear All,

I just purchased my new 3a Andante Ultra Lineaire speakers. It seems that seller didn't say all to me, so now I have problems with them. On one unit I have hum, so I need to repair it.

Do you have perhaps any experience what to do or what to change after all years, or service manual. Any help is appreciate and welcome.

Thanks, regards,

Boris
Old 24th January 2012, 12:28 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Hello, unfortunately, i can't help you with your problem but, someone here
probably will.
The integrated feedback amplifier probably defective.
Don't give-up on those as they were/ are remarkable speaker system!.
How are the woofer suspensions? rotten? still white originals?.
I always wanted a pair of those!...
Good luck!.
Old 24th January 2012, 12:32 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Boris, maybe someone here:Enceintes 3a : Audio - Général - Cinetson - Hifi et Homecinema
can help you...
It'a a french site but who knows?...
Old 24th January 2012, 05:21 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Thanks for answer..

Surrounds are still original white and are ok, not rotten...

I'll let you know about solution...

Regards,

Boris
Old 29th January 2012, 02:52 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Dear all,

Now i have something...

I replaced all electrolytic caps in this device. Now I'm testing only one, the second is not finished yet.

When I put 230 V, The speker made a large excursion - big "thump". Nothing else, and relais click.

Now, I have no speaker signal, only is connected to mains.

Is there anybody who has experience with "thump" thing. As I said all electr. caps are changed, MKT or MKP are the same and it seems that all semiconductors are OK. Fuses are OK too.

Any help?

Boris
Old 25th February 2012, 02:56 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Hi mate !

I have had the same problem , I've got a 3a Andante "Prelude" bi amplification system , when my woofer was blow I tried to replace it with another one. When I plug in woofer make the terrible noise like u are saying then I've ordered a woofer ,mid and a tweeter replaced all of them now he is working perfect.

Here is a view of him

3a -Andante "Prelude" , 3Way Active Speaker , Power 270 Watt 8 Ohms. - installingway's Gallery - Canuck Audio Mart

I had tried to replace voice coil of woofer but sounds so bad,so if your back amp is okay change the speakers it's only way.

P.S how can I see your speaker ?
Old 11th April 2012, 10:22 PM   #7
ief is offline ief  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Don't know if you're still working on these but I have the schematic for the master control witch is very likewise. Mine have the thumb 2 and I could be wrong but suspect it to be 'normal'. Usualy you only plug them in once and be done with the thumping Just try and give them some signal and see (hear) what they do?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Andante-master-control-schema.jpg (193.2 KB, 223 views)
Old 12th April 2012, 05:19 PM   #8
seanny is offline seanny  United States
diyAudio Member

The feedback looks complex. Is it designed for a particular woofer or any woofer?
Old 12th April 2012, 06:20 PM   #9
ief is offline ief  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

I suspect the are for a particular woofer (they are in house designed/ made). I never got a conclusive answer to how and what they exactly did. No piezo element and I thought someone mensioned an extra winding on the coil but I'm realy not sure.

They sound pretty good btw, mine are not in to good of a state and still I like them a lot.
Don't use them anymore though since the don't like working without earthing and my unearthed pc or so I believe anyway. (something went wrong one time and burnt out a resistor bad...)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg printen.jpg (929.3 KB, 186 views)
Old 29th April 2012, 06:54 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Hi there again ,

Okay I think you should change that burned resistor also you should check the diodes and capacitors close to him if they are in working conditions, and I don't know why you have connected that wire on transistor ?! . When you check these make a short connection with black wire and red then connect the woofer(whatever woofer) on green and blue wire then put on power connect the signal and it will work , here is a view of second amp that I have repaired successfulyClick the image to open in full size.

Hide this!Advertise here!