Prestigious Two – Mini Monitor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have now released the design for the Prestigious Two – Mini Monitor and the details can be found at:

www.audioexcite.com Prestigious Two – Mini Monitor

The Prestigious Two – Mini Monitor is the less expensive cousin of the Excellence Two – Mini Monitor, which is described in another thread at this forum http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/200413-excellence-two-mini-monitor.html.

They are virtually the same loudspeaker design, but the Prestigious loudspeaker uses the aluminium cone SEAS L12RCY/P instead of the magnesium cone W12CY001.

Since the Prestigious Two – Mini Monitor is virtually the same design as the Excellence Two – Mini Monitor the sonic similarities is striking. You could say that it has 75% of the Excellence Two – Mini Monitor qualities and if you disregard the bass performance they are very close in sound quality. Which one to choose is more a matter of taste and personal preferences.

Compared to its cousin the bass hasn’t the same weight and depth and it has less low mid-range punch, but he bass is well defined and effortless in its character.

There are several tweeter level options in order to adjust the tonal balance according to personal taste and HiFi equipment.

Picture2:
Prestigious Two - Mini Monitor. Left vs Right loudspeaker

Picture3: Blue = Prestigous Two - Mini Monitor Red = Excellence Two - Mini Monitor

Regards

/Göran

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 346
  • Picture2.jpg
    Picture2.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 348
  • Picture3.jpg
    Picture3.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 340
Another very nice implementation by you. Thank you for all of the detail.

Regards,
Eric

Nicely documented design. Im using the same tweeter with a Seas ER18RNX crossed at 1.1khz. Its a good combo.

Thank you Eric and dabbler!

I'm trying to write and document the way I would like to read other designers loudspeaker creations. Unfortunately many designs are missing a lot of information to technically evaluate if it's a good or bad one.

In the end of course It's how it sounds that matters and not how it measures :)

Regards

/Göran

nice designs

Gornir:

Very nice work on these projects. You seem to like the Dayton curved cabinets, which do seem like an excellent value. Have you experimented with using a slightly larger version of the same Dayton cabinets, and modifying them by gluing in additional wood or braces to the inside surfaces?

I'm anxious to see your new reference project as it progresses. Keep up the good work!

Gornir:

Very nice work on these projects. You seem to like the Dayton curved cabinets, which do seem like an excellent value. Have you experimented with using a slightly larger version of the same Dayton cabinets, and modifying them by gluing in additional wood or braces to the inside surfaces?

Yes, I do like the Dayton cabinets. I currently have four different models, which I reuse in my designs. They have a very nice finish and the smart replacements baffles are great. Both the “Prestigious Two” and the “Excellence Two” uses oversized cabs with solid fills to achieve the desired internal volume.

By using pre-fab cabinets I can concentrate entirely on the most fun part of the design. If I had to build cabinets for each design, there would most likely only be one design per year.

Regards

/Göran

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.