Active crossover freq for TLK TL6 - suggestions?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2010
Paid Member
Hi all,
I'm in the process of building an active crossover (as detailed here Linkwitz-Riley Electronic Crossover) and I need to choose a crossover frequency.

The speakers I'm matching it to are TL6 kit speakers from TLK (here http://www.theloudspeakerkit.com/upload/pdf/TL6_Kit_Instructions.pdf) which are transmission line boxes, stuffed, and painted with tar paint internally.

The driver details are as seen below. I have no idea what the crossover frequency is on the supplied passive crossover, nor does the company that produced the kit seem to be contactable anymore. If needs be I'll pop it open and find out, but for now I'd rather avoid doing that.

Just by eyeballing the driver datasheets, I would have said about 2kHz was the ideal freq, but I thought I'd see what people think.

Cheers for any help in advance!

Attachments

• TL6 Tweeter.png
    TL6 Tweeter.png
    65.9 KB · Views: 53
  • TL6 Woofer.png
    TL6 Woofer.png
    70.4 KB · Views: 53
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.