Multi media wall

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,
Despite all the known facts that speakers sound the best a bit out from the wall i would like to try to create something like a "damped wall of speaker elements" surrounding the 55" TV but still play extraordinary good sound. Look at this drawing and shoot some ides of elements please. Myself ended up with the set-up in the elsinore projekt as a starter.
Cheers //Håkan

Attachments

• Multim media wall speakers.jpg
    Multim media wall speakers.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 63
It's called a baffle wall and commonly used in professionally installed HT systems. Drop the enclosure wall with the integrated ports as there's no need to force your mains to play that low. Obviously this is an HT installation so please consider the advantages of subwoofers.

Mayhem13,
Thank´s for you thoughts - and in a way youre absolutely right.
I guess the Subwoofer in my concept actually is inside the wall, maybe also hidden in the cubbord (wall&cubbord together to get the volume). But again, one could see the four 6,5" on each side both as midrange and two "subwoofers". Stepping out of the box a little. Actually it is just two speakers (with 5 elements each) very close mounted (actually at the same level) to the wall behind it - with the probelms of inteference/reflections that will give. This was my starting point - it´s just two speakers that needs to be mounted very close to the back wall but still produce good HIFI (not focused on HT).
I agree, it would be easier if the mid was not at all the same elements as the sub....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.